Elie’zer (God is his help).
1. Abraham’s chief servant, called by him “Eliezer of Damascus.” Gen. 15:2. (b.c. 1857.)
2. Second son of Moses and Zipporah (b.c. 1523), to whom his father gave this name because “the God of my father was mine help, and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh.” Ex. 18:4; 1 Chron. 23:15, 17; 26:25.
3. One of the sons of Becher, the son of Benjamin. 1 Chron. 7:8.
4. A priest in the reign of David. 1 Chron. 15:24.
5. Son of Zichri, ruler of the Reubenites in the reign of David. 1 Chron. 27:16.
6. Son of Dodavah, of Mareshah in Judah, 2 Chron. 20:37, a prophet, who rebuked Jehoshaphat for joining himself with Ahaziah king of Israel. (b.c. 895.)
7. A chief Israelite whom Ezra sent with others from Ahava to Cesiphia, to induce some Levites and Nethinim to accompany him to Jerusalem. Ezra 8:16. (b.c. 459.)
11. Son of Jorim, in the genealogy of Christ. Luke 3:29.