Hilki’ah (God is my portion).
2. High priest in the reign of Josiah. 2 Kings 22:4, seq.; 2 Chron. 34:9, seq.; 1 Esd. 1:8. (b.c. 623.) His high priesthood was rendered particularly illustrious by the great reformation effected under it by King Josiah, by the solemn Passover kept at Jerusalem in the 18th year of that king’s reign, and above all by the discovery which he made of the book of the law of Moses in the temple.
4. Another Merarite Levite, second son of Hosah. 1 Chron. 26:11.
5. One of those who stood on the right hand of Ezra when he read the law to the people; doubtless a Levite, and probably a priest. Neh. 8:4. (b.c. 410.)
6. A priest of Anathoth, father of the prophet Jeremiah. Jer. 1:1. (b.c. before 628.)
7. Father of Gemariah, who was one of Zedekiah’s envoys to Babylon. Jer. 29:3. (b.c. long before 587.)