Joz’abad (Jehovah justifies).
1. A captain of the thousands of Manasseh, who deserted to David before the battle of Gilboa. 1 Chron. 12:20. (b.c. 1053.)
2. A hero of Manasseh, like the preceding. 1 Chron. 12:20.
3. A Levite in the reign of Hezekiah. 2 Chron. 31:13. (b.c. 726.)
4. A chief Levite in the reign of Josiah. 2 Chron. 35:9.
5. A Levite, son of Jeshua, in the days of Ezra. Ezra 8:33. (b.c. 459.) Probably identical with No. 7.
6. A priest of the sons of Pashur, who had married a foreign wife. Ezra 10:22.
7. A Levite among those who returned with Ezra and had married foreign wives. He is probably identical with Jozabad the Levite, Neh. 8:7, and with Jozabad who presided over the outer work of the temple. Neh. 11:16. (b.c. 459.)