1. The daughter of Nahor by his concubine Reumah. Gen. 22:24.
2. The father of Achish, who was king of Gath at the beginning of Solomon’s reign. 1 Kings 2:39.
3. The daughter, or more probably granddaughter, of Absalom, named after his mother; the third and favorite wife of Rehoboam, and mother of Abijah. 1 Kings 15:2; 2 Chron. 11:20-22. The mother of Abijah is elsewhere called “Michaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah.” 2 Chron. 13:2. During the reign of her grandson Asa she occupied at the court of Judah the high position of “king’s mother,” comp. 1 Kings 15:13; but when he came of age she was removed because of her idolatrous habits. 2 Chron. 15:16.
4. The concubine of Caleb the son of Hezron. 1 Chron. 2:48.
8. The father of Hanan, one of the heroes of David’s body-guard. 1 Chron. 11:43.
9. A Simeonite, father of Shephatiah, prince of his tribe in the reign of David. 1 Chron. 27:16.