Mattani’ah (gift of Jehovah).
1. The original name of Zedekiah king of Judah, which was changed when Nebuchadnezzar placed him on the throne. 2 Kings 24:17.
2. A Levite singer of the sons of Asaph. 1 Chron. 9:15. He was leader of the temple choir after its restoration, Neh. 11:17; 12:8, in the time of Nehemiah, and took part in the musical service which accompanied the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem. Neh. 12:25, 35.
3. A descendant of Asaph, and ancestor of Jahaziel the Levite, in the reign of Jehoshaphat. 2 Chron. 20:14.
4. One of the sons of Elam. Ezra 10:26.
5. One of the sons of Zattu. Ezra 10:27.
6. A descendant of Pahath-moab, Ezra 10:30, and
7. One of the sons of Bani, Ezra 10:37, who all put away their foreign wives at Ezra’s command.
8. A Levite, father of Zaccur and ancestor of Hanan the under-treasurer who had charge of the offerings for the Levites in the time of Nehemiah. Neh. 13:13.
10. A descendant of Asaph the Levite minstrel, who assisted in the purification of the temple in the reign of Hezekiah. 2 Chron. 29:13.