1. Ancestor of Shaphan the scribe. 2 Kings 22:3.
2. The son of Zerubbabel. 1 Chron. 3:19.
3. A Gadite in the reign of Jotham king of Judah. 1 Chron. 5:13.
4. A Benjamite, of the sons of Elpaal. 1 Chron. 8:17.
6. A Benjamite who lived at Jerusalem after the captivity. 1 Chron. 9:8.
9. A Kohathite or a family of Kohathite Levites, in the reign of Josiah. 2 Chron. 34:12.
10. One of the “heads” sent by Ezra to Iddo, “the head,” to gather together the Levites to join the caravan about to return to Jerusalem. Ezra 8:16.
11. A chief man who assisted Ezra in abolishing the marriages which some of the people had contracted with foreign wives. Ezra 10:15.
12. One of the descendants of Bani, who had married a foreign wife and put her away. Ezra 10:29.
14. The son of Besodeiah: he assisted Jehoiada the son of Paseah in restoring the old gate of Jerusalem. Neh. 3:6.
15. One of those who stood at the left hand of Ezra when he read the law to the people. Neh. 8:4.
16. A priest or family of priests who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah. Neh. 10:7.
17. One of the heads of the people who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah. Neh. 10:20.
18. A priest in the days of Joiakim the son of Jeshua, and representative of the house of Ezra. Neh. 12:13.
19. Also a priest at the same time as the preceding, and head of the priestly family of Ginnethon. Neh. 12:16.
21. One of the princes of Judah at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem. Neh. 12:33.