Peda’iah (whom Jehovah redeems).
1. The father of Zebudah, mother of King Jehoiakim. 2 Kings 23:36. (b.c. before 648.)
2. The brother of Salathiel or Shealtiel, and father of Zerubbabel, who is usually called the “son of Shealtiel,” being, as Lord A. Hervey conjectures, in reality his uncle’s successor and heir, in consequence of the failure of issue in the direct line. 1 Chron. 3:17-19. (b.c. before 536.)
3. Son of Parosh, that is, one of the family of that name, who assisted Nehemiah in repairing the walls of Jerusalem. Neh. 3:25. (b.c. about 446.)
4. Apparently a priest; one of those who stood on the left hand of Ezra when he read the law to the people. Neh. 8:4. (b.c. 445.)
5. A Benjamite, ancestor of Sallu. Neh. 11:7.
6. A Levite in the time of Nehemiah, Neh. 13:13; apparently the same as 4.
7. The father of Joel, prince of the half tribe of Manasseh in the reign of David. 1 Chron. 27:20. (b.c. before 1013.)