1. Son of Bukki, and father of Zerahiah, in the line of the high priests. 1 Chron. 6:5, 51; Ezra 7:4. Though Uzzi was the lineal ancestor of Zadok, it does not appear that he was ever high priest. He must have been contemporary with, but rather earlier than, Eli. (b.c. before 1161.)
3. Son of Bela, of the tribe of Benjamin. 1 Chron. 7:7. (b.c. 1706.)
4. Another, or the same, from whom descended some Benjamite houses, which were settled at Jerusalem after the return from captivity. 1 Chron. 9:8.
5. A Levite, son of Bani, and overseer of the Levites dwelling at Jerusalem, in the time of Nehemiah. Neh. 11:22.
6. A priest, chief of the father’s house of Jedaiah, in the time of Joiakim the high priest. Neh. 12:19. (b.c. about 500.)
7. One of the priests who assisted Ezra in the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem. Neh. 12:42. Perhaps the same as the preceding. (b.c. 446.)